• Register
Search Questions / Answers

Welcome to AccountantAnswer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Although you need not be a member to ask questions or provide answers, we invite you to register an account and be a member of our community for mutual help. You can register with your email or with facebook login in few seconds

Get AccountantAnswer App


I have calculated depreciation of fixed assets wrongly due to a mistake in the spreadsheet calculation in last year accounts. How do I correct this error? What are the journal entries?
in IAS 8 - Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors by
retagged by

1 Answer

+1 vote
If the amount is not material just account for it this year. If it is material you have to adjust accounts retrospectively and adjust the comparative information (of the last year) as per IAS 8 - Accounting Policies, Changes in  Accounting Estimates and Errors.

Dr - Retained profit a/c
Cr - Provision for depreciation
by Level 2 Member (3.2k points)